We accept .jpg and .png files.
Photos must be at least 200 DPI (ideally 300 DPI), or about 1000 x 1400 pixels for a 5" x 7" printed image. This ensures crisp print quality. Files must be 10 MB or smaller.
To find out if your photo meets the minimum requirements, check the photo info on your camera. Or, download your photo to an editing program such as iPhoto or Photoshop.
Tip: On cards where the photo bleeds to the edge of the design (e.g. is not surrounded by a border or frame), the photo may be cropped by about 1/8".
Tip: Photos taken with a smart phone or downloaded from Facebook are often too low-resolution to print clearly. A quick way to check is to look at the file size: images that are less than about 500 K - 1 MB are generally too small for print.
- Select the card design you like
- Click the "Personalize" button
- Click the "Upload New Images" button to the right of the card
- Choose one or more photos from your computer, and click "Upload." At this time, you can only upload one photo at a time. Your photo(s) will appear in your Image Library
- Drag and drop your photo onto the card. Use the slider that appears when you hover over the photo to zoom in and out or rotate your photo.
Your photo will be color-corrected by our designers before being printed. If you'd like professional help editing your photo, please make a note in the Special Instructions box and request a proof. Minor fixes, such as removing red-eye, blemishes or fly-away hair, are available free with your proof. More extensive changes (e.g. removing items from the background) typically cost $25. If the change will cost more, we will contact you with a quote before creating your proof.
To save your photos, you must first save the product you are working on to your Saved Items in My Account. To view your photos at a later time, simply click on that product in your Saved Items (click on My Account and log in first). Your photos will appear in your Image Library to the right of the product.
To delete a photo from your Image Library, hover your mouse over the photo and click the "X" button. A warning will appear to confirm that you wish to delete the photo.
If you have not requested a proof, your photo cannot be changed after your order has been placed.
If you have requested a proof, you can make adjustments to the photo, or submit a brand new photo. Simply e-mail us at email@example.com, referencing your order number in the subject line, with instructions for cropping, editing and/or attaching your new photo, and we will send you a new proof. (Please note that two free rounds of proofs are included with each order; subsequent proofs are $15 per round).
- Take your photo in natural light and turn the flash off.
- Set your camera's resolution to at least 4 megapixels.
- Frame your subjects in your camera lens as close as possible to how you would like them to appear on the card. A vertical photo typically works best with a vertical card; a horizontal photo typically works best with a horizontal card.
- Close-ups (showing the head and torso, for example) may be more compelling than full-body shots since you can see the subjects more clearly.
- Note that the photo may not look exactly as it does on your screen or when printed on a home printer. Because computer screens are backlit and monitor colors may vary, a printed photo tends to look slightly darker than it does on screen.
- Note that we use matte, not glossy, cardstock, which may result in more muted colors than when printed on glossy photo paper at home.