Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
5:00 - 6:00 pm PST
Tel. 1.888.552.3724 or 415-355-0008
or anytime via email:
Guest List Q & A: B-List
Is it okay to have an A and B guest list?
Yes, it's perfectly fine, but you need to be on top of timing and communication with B-listers in order to make sure that they don't feel snubbed.
- Follow up with A-listers after you send save the dates to get early regrets that will open up spots for B-list guests.
- Send your A-list invitations out a few weeks early (e.g. instead of the standard 8-10 weeks in advance, send them 10-12 weeks in advance or more).
- If you're collecting RSVPs by snail mail and your budget allows, print invitations or RSVPs with two different RSVP deadlines. If you only have budget for one set, you can print "Thank you for your prompt reply" instead of setting a firm deadline, and start following up with guests four weeks after the invitations have been mailed (though this generally means a lot more legwork for you- guests tend to respond better to a deadline!)
- If you're collecting RSVPs by e-mail or your wedding website, you can forgo printing a deadline (e.g. "To RSVP and for details please visit www.mattandmara.com"), and update the RSVP deadline on your website as needed.
- Treat your B-list like a waiting list. As regrets come in and spots open up, send invitations immediately out to the next people on your list. Send your last invitations no later than four weeks before the wedding.