Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
5:00 - 6:00 pm PST
Tel. 1.888.552.3724 or 415-355-0008
or anytime via email:
Wedding Invitation Wording Samples
Choosing the right wording for your invitation will depend on a few factors: who's hosting the wedding, what type of ceremony venue you choose (religious or secular), and where the reception is located (at the ceremony site or different place altogether).
If the reception and ceremony are held in the same place, a simple "reception to follow" will do. If the reception is hosted at a different venue, list the reception address on the invitation or on a separate reception or info card. You should also list the time if there will be a big break between the ceremony's end and the reception's beginning.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Spell out abbreviations, except for Mr., Mrs., Dr., or Ms.
- While it's traditional to use the British spellings of "honour" and "favour" in place of the American spelling ("honor" and "favor"), ultimately it's up to you to decide which version to use.
We’ve compiled a list of wording samples for you, based on who’s hosting:
- WEDDING INVITATION WORDING
- WEDDING INVITATION TEXT VARIATIONS
- WEDDING INVITATION WORDING Q&A