We wanted to create a simple & fun (and gender neutral) Valentines Day card the kids would be excited about! Using few materials, our free printables, and following the steps below, you can create an I lava You Pop-up Card of your own! Mess around with different color card stock & glitter to make it unique! Happy crafting!
- 8.5 x 11 sheet of blue or green card stock
- 8.5 x 11 sheet brown card stock
- 8.5 x 11 sheet white card stock
- Scissors, or a craft knife, ruler and cutting mat
- Liquid glue & brush
- Bone folder (optional)
- Pink and orange glitter (optional)
1. Print the background template on the green cardstock, the volcano on brown cardstock, and the cloud template on white cardstock.
Note: you only need one volcano, & one cloud per card. We included multiples in case you would like to make more than one, in which case you will need to print additional background templates
2. Cut out and fold the blue cardstock: cut off 1/2 inch along the solid grey line; cut out the circle and around the palm trees. Fold along the light grey lines (use a bone folder if desired) to form a diamond shape with a glue tab. Glue & add glitter to the asteroid (we used orange).
3. Cut out the volcano, crossbar, and the cloud. Fold the glue tabs as indicated by the light grey lines and cut small slits in the volcano and cross bar along the solid black lines. Glue & add glitter to the top of the volcano to represent lava (we used pink).
4. Glue the cloud to the back of volcano.
5. Slot the cross tab into the volcano and glue the tabs to the background.
6. Glue the volcanos tabs matching the letters as shown in the diagram.
Note: line cut out card with diagram from original print-out.
7. Glue the tab of the background template to complete the diamond shape.
8. Flatten & press down firmly until glue dries.
And there you have it!
Looking for more DIY projects and free downloads? Head over to our site here.
Posted by HelloLucky | 4 Comments »
Check out our new Valentines Day collection in the shop! We are strong believers in the art of hand-written notes, and Valentines Day is the perfect opportunity! So don’t forget to tell those special people in your life how much they mean to you this Valentines Day! We are offering 20% off our entire love & friendship collection until Monday the 20th with code SWEETNOTHINGS. We will also be doing a Valentines Day DIY next week so you can make your own! Check back with the blog soon! Which card below is your favorite?
ENTER TO WIN TWO PACKS OF LETTERPRESS THANK YOU CARDS BY JANUARY 16th!!!
There’s plenty of research showing that gratitude promotes happiness — expressing thanks helps you hone in on what’s positive in your life, and everyone loves to be thanked and appreciated! So this year we are promising to say thanks!
Here are perfect occasions for writing a thank you note:
- A gift
- A dinner or date
- A handwritten card
- A great conversation
- A thoughtful action, like helping you with a project or chore
- A long-term friendship or partnership
You can write thank you notes to family, friends, work associates, teachers, or those who provide a helpful hand day by day like your mail man or garbage collector.
Great thank you notes are brief and heartfelt. Here are some samples:
Thank you for the wonderful birthday card. I am so grateful that you thought of me.
Thank you for your the great conversation we had yesterday. I appreciate your support, and I am so glad we’re friends!
Here are some tactics we’ll be trying out in 2014:
- Keep a stash of thank you notes, stamps, and a pen by your bedside. Write a note at the end of the day. (Think of it as a twist on writing “gratitude journal,” which some researchers advocate — one that has a positive impact on other people’s lives as well as your own)
- Write thank you notes right away — the feelings will be more authentic and meaningful.
What are some of the ways you like to say thank you? Post a comment and we’ll pick a winner next Thursday the 16th to receive your very own stash of 12 letterpress thank you cards (featured above)!
Posted by HelloLucky | 20 Comments »
To our amazing customers & fans, T H A N K Y O U ! We have made the incredibly tough call to throw in the towel for all custom invitations. Our intentions are to expand on our letterpress greeting card collection, and eventually branch out into more gifts & products. We are forever grateful for all of your kind words and support. That being said, our wedding invitations will be available for a limited time through Soiree San Francisco, so please don’t hesitate to contact them for all your dreamy wedding desires. Wishing you a very H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !