And just a reminder you can get 15% off all of our Father's Day cards by entering the code DearDad at checkout. Shop our Father's Day cards here.
Just a reminder that Father's Day is June 16th! Don't forget to give a card to dear old Dad! To help you out we're offering 15% off all greeting cards. Enter code DearDad at checkout. Be sure to order your cards by June 7th to assure they arrive on time. Offer expires 6/7.
Good Monday morning to all of our favorite readers! We want to start off on this week ahead with a new (and remarkably easy) Father's Day craft. These mini DIY paper crown cupcake toppers are the royal icing on the [cup]cake for your dad's day this year. Show him how much he means to you by customizing his crown with precious jewels, a photo, or even a personal note. Make him feel like the king he is!
Colored Paper, craft knife, ruler, pencil, craft glue or tape (whatever you have around) and the cupcake topper template. Download below!
Step 1. Print out the cupcake topper template.
Step 2. Trace the outline onto your colored paper. We've created three different designs - fit for all types of kings.
Step 3. Cut out your crown with a craft knife and ruler. This part takes time and patience!
Step 4. Place glue on the outside of the tab and secure to the inside of the crown.
Step 5. Display! We chose Martha Stewart's Devil's Food Cupcake recipe for a rich, flavorful treat. What dad doesn't love chocolate??
For more great paper DIY ideas, visit our website here!
We love our dads! And that's why we couldn't wait to put together a collection of awesome gifts any dad would appreciate. Whether your old man is into gardening or history, there's something in there for him. And remember we're offering FREE printable Father's Day labels and cards!
1. The Art of Shaving is just that, an art. Help dad feel like a pro in the mornings with this rich, unscented cream by none other than The Art of Shaving. Is he a lavender or lemon guy? Pick from three different types.
2. Sometimes a handwritten note from his favorite son or daughter is just what dad needs. Our favorite Father's Day card BBQ Parade will cheer him up and you can even get sentimental inside.
3. Most of our dads are hard workin' guys. Whether pounding the pavement in the big city, traveling long distances, or getting dirty outside. A great way to help him protect his finest footwear is to give him this sturdy canvas and corduroy shoe bag from Need Supply.
4. Now it's time for the fun stuff. Father's aren't all about work - so spend a little time outside playing games with Restoration Hardware's Pocket Bocce Set. Don't let a little competition get in the way of your Father's Day, either. It's all in good fun!
5. You've seen our printable sock labels, well these are the missing link. Cozy, comfortable, and made in the USA, these socks by Freeman's Sporting Club are top notch.
6. When it's time for a wee dram - or a little sip - of something special, pick this Glenmorangie Scotch Whiskey from our favorite local spirits shop Cask. Want to make this gift extra-thoughtful? Get it engraved with his initials or send a sweet message. He's sure to enjoy.
7. Is your pops a grill master? Perhaps not until he gets his hands on this easy-to-store grill utensil set from Plow and Hearth. Perfect for a quick weekend camping or for keeping his tools in organized spaces. These stainless steel and wood collapsible utensils are just as heavy-duty as your standard brand, and, they just fit better (Mom will be happy too!)
8. There is something so mysterious and rugged about the story of Lewis and Clark. Every guy wants to set out on a cross-country journey and discover new and unadulterated territory. Now your dad can live vicariously through this heartwarming tale directed by by Ken Burns. Lewis & Clark - The Journey of the Corps of Discovery will have him daydreaming in no time.
9. Your dad may not have a green thumb but he'll definitely be plucking away at the yard with this Telescoping Rake from Terrian. It opens and closes to fit the size of the job - and is lightweight for easy travel or storage. Perfect for summer!
Father's Day is right around the corner and this year we've got your one-of-a-kind gifts covered. You can jazz up a simple pair of socks, a bottle of wine, or a bottle of beer with these manly labels we've designed. Do you have a handsome and debonaire Dad? Print out our matching labels for a black pair of socks and a nice bottle of wine. We even created a slick card to match!
Is your Dad more on the rugged side? Why not make some beer and a pair of white socks a little more special with our free matching labels?
We printed ours on label paper which made sticking them to the bottles and socks a little easier, but these would look just as nice printed on regular white paper or card stock.
Simply click on the links below to print your free Father's Day cards and labels. Enjoy!
And as always we love seeing our printables in action - so send us pics or post them directly to our Facebook page. And tell Dad we said Happy Father's Day too.
Hello all you lucky folks out there! This is the 60th edition of our Lucky Friday Giveaway. Each Friday we feature one of our letterpress greeting cards. We’ll choose THREE LUCKY WINNERS to get a free card. Post a comment by 12 p.m. PST the following Thursday, and we’ll announce the winners on the following Friday!
The three winners from last week are (drum roll, please): Ann, Kate Purdy and Kayla King! We’ll contact you next week to arrange sending your Love You Bunches card.
Design: Dad, You Rock Artist: Esther Aarts Inspiration: Many of our dear dads have gone on a tunes binge in recent years, and are surprising us with their alternately hip or horrible tastes. Who to send it to: Fathers who've got the Funk, and DJ dads who dig it. Favorite detail: We like how Esther spans the generations, and includes the old-style analog audiophile and the MP3 file technophile digital dads. Ideas we scrapped in favor of this one: The Hippie version, with an 8-track and cassette saying to an LP "Dad, You're Groovy." Why letterpress? Letterpress is classic. It transcends genres and generations.
Don’t forget to post your comment and tune in next week, same time, different stationery, to see if you’ve won!
2012 is a year of love! It's been a little while since we released our every occasion card kits like this one, but we're sure these new kits will have you covered all year round. The Year of Love set includes 12 letterpress love notes you can send to friends and family anytime, anywhere. Stock up on these beauties now and you won't be scrambling for your honey's anniversary card or Mother's Day card in May!
The Year of Cheer card kit is filled with our brand new designs and even some timeless designs from the past. You'll find congratulations cards, birthday cards, thank you cards, etc. all fulfilling your yearly stationery needs. It can't get any easier than this!
Photos by Edyta Szyszlo Photography
We're mighty proud of Donna for winning 7 x 7's award for her adorable housewares shop, Pot + Pantry in Noe Valley/Mission in SF! It was less than a year ago that she left us to start it all up, so we toast her honor.
And we had to share these hilarious cookies with you, perhaps as inspiration for Father's Day gifts, or just as a clever treat for the carnivores in your life:
Of course, the presentation is key. It was all part of a "Meat Market" show she did a week or so ago.
Check out the Pot + Pantry Blog for more fun.
Hello all you lucky folks out there! This is the fifteenth edition of our Lucky Friday giveaway! Each Friday we feature one of our letterpress cards. We’ll choose THREE LUCKY WINNERS to get a free card. Post a comment by 12 p.m. PST the following Thursday, and we’ll announce the winners on the following Friday!
The three winners from last week are (drum roll, please):
Marife, Debbie Boswell and Reyna!
We’ll contact you early next week to arrange sending your Catching Up card.
Now for this week’s Father's Day Card edition:
Design: Cool Dad
Artist: Anna Hurley
Inspiration: Maybe some Jimmy Stewart, with a pinch of Atticus Finch and a dash of Dick Van Dyke.
Who to send it to: A rad dad, a cool daddy-o, or maybe even a sugar daddy if you’re feeling coy.
Ideas we scrapped in favor of this one: We thought of it saying “Happy Super Suave Dude’s Day,” but we decided we’d rather just stick with “Father.” And we thought of "Happy Dada Day" with a cartoon of Marcel Duchamp standing by a snow shovel, but we thought we'd narrow our audience too much.
Favorite detail: How could we choose just one?
Why letterpress: Any dad would be glad to know a lad or a lady who had such mad card selecting skills.
Don't forget to leave your comment below and check back next week to see if you've won!