Archive for ‘Gift Guide’
Our final group of employee wish lists come from H!L friends near and far. Iain and Hamad always send festive gifts to our San Francisco team, and Sabrina is always sure to send an extra holiday surprise to the two based in London. They’re all wishing big this year!
Iain’s ideal wish list items include quite a fabulous investment. He’s dreaming of his holiday in a new home in Northern Italy, some furry friends to keep him company, and some cozy accessories in the winter months. Sounds dreamy!
Hamad is also dreaming of traveling the world and bringing along some essentials for the trip. We might have to join him on his journey to the most beautiful places on the globe.
Sabrina is wishing bright this year! Her colorful top three include some cozy accessories for hanging around home with her kids. She has great taste for bright colors and bold patterns so her wish list items definitely compliment her style.
The next group of Hello!Lucky Employees all have their own personal sense of style. Whether they are spending time shopping around the city or cozying up at home, their wish list items are all unique. The lovely ladies on deck are Christina, Heather, and Lillian!
Christina, our marketing director, has a bold color palette, and we love her massive collection of stylish dresses. She was sure to add one more to her list along with some fun accessories to match!
Heather is known for her love of eclectic and vintage style. As our wholesale manager, she’s always keeping track of our greeting cards so organization is key. Plus, she’s always got some great tunes playin’ for our team! Her wish list items are definitely her style.
Lillian is the wearer of all hats. She’s working in product management, customer service, design consulting, and much more. Her style is easy-breezy, with comfort and classic taste in mind. And she’s a master chef at home. We love that her wish list items all match!
Stay tuned for more employee wish lists!
We love our dads! And that’s why we couldn’t wait to put together a collection of awesome gifts any dad would appreciate. Whether your old man is into gardening or history, there’s something in there for him. And remember we’re offering FREE printable Father’s Day labels and cards!
1. The Art of Shaving is just that, an art. Help dad feel like a pro in the mornings with this rich, unscented cream by none other than The Art of Shaving. Is he a lavender or lemon guy? Pick from three different types.
2. Sometimes a handwritten note from his favorite son or daughter is just what dad needs. Our favorite Father’s Day card BBQ Parade will cheer him up and you can even get sentimental inside.
3. Most of our dads are hard workin’ guys. Whether pounding the pavement in the big city, traveling long distances, or getting dirty outside. A great way to help him protect his finest footwear is to give him this sturdy canvas and corduroy shoe bag from Need Supply.
4. Now it’s time for the fun stuff. Father’s aren’t all about work – so spend a little time outside playing games with Restoration Hardware‘s Pocket Bocce Set. Don’t let a little competition get in the way of your Father’s Day, either. It’s all in good fun!
5. You’ve seen our printable sock labels, well these are the missing link. Cozy, comfortable, and made in the USA, these socks by Freeman’s Sporting Club are top notch.
6. When it’s time for a wee dram – or a little sip – of something special, pick this Glenmorangie Scotch Whiskey from our favorite local spirits shop Cask. Want to make this gift extra-thoughtful? Get it engraved with his initials or send a sweet message. He’s sure to enjoy.
7. Is your pops a grill master? Perhaps not until he gets his hands on this easy-to-store grill utensil set from Plow and Hearth. Perfect for a quick weekend camping or for keeping his tools in organized spaces. These stainless steel and wood collapsible utensils are just as heavy-duty as your standard brand, and, they just fit better (Mom will be happy too!)
8. There is something so mysterious and rugged about the story of Lewis and Clark. Every guy wants to set out on a cross-country journey and discover new and unadulterated territory. Now your dad can live vicariously through this heartwarming tale directed by by Ken Burns. Lewis & Clark – The Journey of the Corps of Discovery will have him daydreaming in no time.
9. Your dad may not have a green thumb but he’ll definitely be plucking away at the yard with this Telescoping Rake from Terrian. It opens and closes to fit the size of the job – and is lightweight for easy travel or storage. Perfect for summer!
Mother’s Day is May 13th and although there are endless ways to say “I love you,” we chose a few of our favorite gifts and accessories that would make any mom smile.
1. Starting out with these coral Signature Ballet Flats from L.L. Bean, your mom will love a splash of color to liven up her spring wardrobe.
2. Gardening gloves can come in handy even if your mom doesn’t have a green thumb! Use them when spring cleaning or simply raking the yard. These chic Fleur de Lis gloves will get her ready for some hands-on fun!
3. You can never have enough bags. This modern lattice dopp kit from Hammocks and High Tea is the ultimate travel accessory, and can help prevent any liquid mishaps from happening on that much needed summer vacation.
4. Continuing with the bright coral color trends, Laura Mercier’s Sheer.Bold.Tres.Chic gel lipstick is a great gift for any woman – old or young!
5. Love mom’s homemade cooking? She’ll have lots more to offer after flipping through The Preservation Kitchen by Paul Virant. With expert guidance and brilliant flavor combinations your mom will be glued to her kitchen trying new techniques of canning and storing, and of course, eating. Just hope she’s willing to share!
6. These white ceramic candlesticks by Tourne will work wonders in her home, and you won’t have to worry about matching her color palette since these pure and simple home accessories go with everything.
7. Don’t stop there! Pair mom’s gift with a totally practical and virtually indestructible apron by Tourne as well. And while you’re at it – browse the entire Brook Farm General Store for gifts for Father’s Day too (June 17th)!
8. Personal Stationery makes the perfect gift year-round, but with so many new designs choose from [and $25 off orders of $100+] your mom won’t be able to thank you enough. Don’t forget to use the code TREATYOURSELF.
9. One of the best presents a mom could get is probably quality time with her kids. Sit down over a cup of this Bellocq breakfast tea and reminisce over good times.
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there. We love you!
Snuggle on up with this classic 100% merino wool throw from Pendleton. We love the soft yet vocal plaid of the Dress Stewart Tartan, but it comes in various styles for every home. Add an embroidered monogram or personalization to create a lasting impression.
Imagine wrapping your favorite knit sweater around a fluffy cloud and sprawling on the couch with a great book or movie. That’s what we pictured when we first laid our eyes on these knit pillows from Nordstrom. It’s heaven in an 18″ x 18″ square, and its neutral tones will warm up any home!
Switch from cold hard ceramic to plush knit and porcelain this winter, ’cause your regular mugs deserve a rest! Whether for hot cocoa or your favorite hot tea, these cozy mugs are the ultimate cold weather accessory.
The holidays may always seem hectic and blustery, but truly the best (or most enjoyable) activity this time of year is just lounging. Hanging out with loved ones, sharing family traditions and dining on classic wintery feasts, these are all the things we appreciate the most. The moment you slip on that pair of comfy pants you’re ready for some serious lounge time. Anthropologie’s wide leg trouser style bottoms are perfect for allowing extra snuggle space on all those cold winter nights.
Of all the things we so obviously love about the holidays, the sound of Bing Crosby’s voice might trump them all. Holiday Inn is a classic musical comedy for any collection. You’ll be singing along in no time!
Cashmere scarves are great. Cashmere sweaters are classic. Cashmere socks? To die for. Your man will be sock-hopping all over the house after slipping heaven onto his tired feet. At Garnet Hill, buy 5 pairs get the 6th pair free.
Happy Cloud coasters = happy tables. Protect your mahogany and oak, and grab a box of 6 for all those on your list!
We admit, we had to really study this sea animal suit before including it in our gift guide. Mostly because we had to find out if it came in adult sizes. The designer Vik Prjonsdottir does have some eclectic variations, but all agree it’s perfect for kids. We can imagine how much joy would come from being encompassed by Icelandic sheep wool, and can guarantee this could be a hand-me-down for generations.
Prepare for power outages in style. These striped candles are drip-free and ultimately mess-free. Display them in a centerpiece or hit the lights for a romantic evening at home. We want a set in every color!
10. Red Blossom Tea
The Red Blossom Tea Company is a fantastic family owned shop located in Chinatown here in San Francisco. Importing teas from all over the world’s most desirable growing communities, they specialize in loose leaf tea blends and their combinations are heavenly. We’re definitely getting our tea lovers one of their curated collections this year, and just might pair it with a cozy knit mug!
We might hardly see the sun in San Francisco but that doesn’t mean we don’t love to flaunt our favorite over-sized shades. This vintage styled pair evokes an air of glamor and mystery and are sure to impress any leading lady!
2. Arrow Bangle
Arrows seem to be everywhere lately, and what better way to rock the trend then with this sparkler around your wrist? Made of rose gold and black crystal, it plays nice with everything in her closet, from that little black dress to those skinny black jeans!
Meow! When we spotted (pun very much intended!) this gorgeous printed leather wallet is from one of our favorite local businesses, 49 Square Miles, we were all smitten kittens.
Certainly we’ve all coveted the red soled fabulousness of Christian Louboutin heels, but a pair that won’t break the bank? Done! This digital print of an original ink illustration is frame-ready and just perfect for the shoe lover on your list.
That feisty society girl, Holly Golightly, sure knew a thing or two about throwing a festive soiree and her effortless style is sure to inspire fashion lovers and classic movie buffs alike.
Like the cherry in a Manhattan or the star atop the tree, perfectly polished nails are the ultimate finishing touch to your holiday ensemble. Nars is our pick for colorful tips and toes so make sure to grab a few extra for stocking stuffers!
Your ballet flats work hard the rest of the year, why not let them have a wild night out for the holidays by snapping on a pair of chiffon shoe clips! Even better, keep a pair in your purse for last minute party invites!
Ok, we’ll admit it, we love sparkles. Glitter, sequins, even tinsel makes us squeal with delight! This dazzling scarf has just the right amount of bling for the office and then can be retied as a belt or a headband for after-hours fetes. Pair it with the shoe clips to be party ready in a flash!
Paint the perfect pout and grab some mistletoe. This stunner by Yves Saint Laurent feels amazing and will last through hours of sips, snacks and kisses!
300+ pages chock-full of the most glamorous photographs ever to grace the cover of the iconic fashion magazine. Herb Ritts, Annie Leibovitz, Richard Avedon – all of fashion’s heavy-hitters are represented along with behind the scenes details and stories from the shoots. Sure to look great on the coffee table and guaranteed not to sit unopened for long!