Posts Tagged ‘Gift Guide’
We love our dads! And that’s why we couldn’t wait to put together a collection of awesome gifts any dad would appreciate. Whether your old man is into gardening or history, there’s something in there for him. And remember we’re offering FREE printable Father’s Day labels and cards!
1. The Art of Shaving is just that, an art. Help dad feel like a pro in the mornings with this rich, unscented cream by none other than The Art of Shaving. Is he a lavender or lemon guy? Pick from three different types.
2. Sometimes a handwritten note from his favorite son or daughter is just what dad needs. Our favorite Father’s Day card BBQ Parade will cheer him up and you can even get sentimental inside.
3. Most of our dads are hard workin’ guys. Whether pounding the pavement in the big city, traveling long distances, or getting dirty outside. A great way to help him protect his finest footwear is to give him this sturdy canvas and corduroy shoe bag from Need Supply.
4. Now it’s time for the fun stuff. Father’s aren’t all about work – so spend a little time outside playing games with Restoration Hardware‘s Pocket Bocce Set. Don’t let a little competition get in the way of your Father’s Day, either. It’s all in good fun!
5. You’ve seen our printable sock labels, well these are the missing link. Cozy, comfortable, and made in the USA, these socks by Freeman’s Sporting Club are top notch.
6. When it’s time for a wee dram – or a little sip – of something special, pick this Glenmorangie Scotch Whiskey from our favorite local spirits shop Cask. Want to make this gift extra-thoughtful? Get it engraved with his initials or send a sweet message. He’s sure to enjoy.
7. Is your pops a grill master? Perhaps not until he gets his hands on this easy-to-store grill utensil set from Plow and Hearth. Perfect for a quick weekend camping or for keeping his tools in organized spaces. These stainless steel and wood collapsible utensils are just as heavy-duty as your standard brand, and, they just fit better (Mom will be happy too!)
8. There is something so mysterious and rugged about the story of Lewis and Clark. Every guy wants to set out on a cross-country journey and discover new and unadulterated territory. Now your dad can live vicariously through this heartwarming tale directed by by Ken Burns. Lewis & Clark – The Journey of the Corps of Discovery will have him daydreaming in no time.
9. Your dad may not have a green thumb but he’ll definitely be plucking away at the yard with this Telescoping Rake from Terrian. It opens and closes to fit the size of the job – and is lightweight for easy travel or storage. Perfect for summer!
Mother’s Day is May 13th and although there are endless ways to say “I love you,” we chose a few of our favorite gifts and accessories that would make any mom smile.
1. Starting out with these coral Signature Ballet Flats from L.L. Bean, your mom will love a splash of color to liven up her spring wardrobe.
2. Gardening gloves can come in handy even if your mom doesn’t have a green thumb! Use them when spring cleaning or simply raking the yard. These chic Fleur de Lis gloves will get her ready for some hands-on fun!
3. You can never have enough bags. This modern lattice dopp kit from Hammocks and High Tea is the ultimate travel accessory, and can help prevent any liquid mishaps from happening on that much needed summer vacation.
4. Continuing with the bright coral color trends, Laura Mercier’s Sheer.Bold.Tres.Chic gel lipstick is a great gift for any woman – old or young!
5. Love mom’s homemade cooking? She’ll have lots more to offer after flipping through The Preservation Kitchen by Paul Virant. With expert guidance and brilliant flavor combinations your mom will be glued to her kitchen trying new techniques of canning and storing, and of course, eating. Just hope she’s willing to share!
6. These white ceramic candlesticks by Tourne will work wonders in her home, and you won’t have to worry about matching her color palette since these pure and simple home accessories go with everything.
7. Don’t stop there! Pair mom’s gift with a totally practical and virtually indestructible apron by Tourne as well. And while you’re at it – browse the entire Brook Farm General Store for gifts for Father’s Day too (June 17th)!
8. Personal Stationery makes the perfect gift year-round, but with so many new designs choose from [and $25 off orders of $100+] your mom won’t be able to thank you enough. Don’t forget to use the code TREATYOURSELF.
9. One of the best presents a mom could get is probably quality time with her kids. Sit down over a cup of this Bellocq breakfast tea and reminisce over good times.
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there. We love you!
Snuggle on up with this classic 100% merino wool throw from Pendleton. We love the soft yet vocal plaid of the Dress Stewart Tartan, but it comes in various styles for every home. Add an embroidered monogram or personalization to create a lasting impression.
Imagine wrapping your favorite knit sweater around a fluffy cloud and sprawling on the couch with a great book or movie. That’s what we pictured when we first laid our eyes on these knit pillows from Nordstrom. It’s heaven in an 18″ x 18″ square, and its neutral tones will warm up any home!
Switch from cold hard ceramic to plush knit and porcelain this winter, ’cause your regular mugs deserve a rest! Whether for hot cocoa or your favorite hot tea, these cozy mugs are the ultimate cold weather accessory.
The holidays may always seem hectic and blustery, but truly the best (or most enjoyable) activity this time of year is just lounging. Hanging out with loved ones, sharing family traditions and dining on classic wintery feasts, these are all the things we appreciate the most. The moment you slip on that pair of comfy pants you’re ready for some serious lounge time. Anthropologie’s wide leg trouser style bottoms are perfect for allowing extra snuggle space on all those cold winter nights.
Of all the things we so obviously love about the holidays, the sound of Bing Crosby’s voice might trump them all. Holiday Inn is a classic musical comedy for any collection. You’ll be singing along in no time!
Cashmere scarves are great. Cashmere sweaters are classic. Cashmere socks? To die for. Your man will be sock-hopping all over the house after slipping heaven onto his tired feet. At Garnet Hill, buy 5 pairs get the 6th pair free.
Happy Cloud coasters = happy tables. Protect your mahogany and oak, and grab a box of 6 for all those on your list!
We admit, we had to really study this sea animal suit before including it in our gift guide. Mostly because we had to find out if it came in adult sizes. The designer Vik Prjonsdottir does have some eclectic variations, but all agree it’s perfect for kids. We can imagine how much joy would come from being encompassed by Icelandic sheep wool, and can guarantee this could be a hand-me-down for generations.
Prepare for power outages in style. These striped candles are drip-free and ultimately mess-free. Display them in a centerpiece or hit the lights for a romantic evening at home. We want a set in every color!
10. Red Blossom Tea
The Red Blossom Tea Company is a fantastic family owned shop located in Chinatown here in San Francisco. Importing teas from all over the world’s most desirable growing communities, they specialize in loose leaf tea blends and their combinations are heavenly. We’re definitely getting our tea lovers one of their curated collections this year, and just might pair it with a cozy knit mug!
We might hardly see the sun in San Francisco but that doesn’t mean we don’t love to flaunt our favorite over-sized shades. This vintage styled pair evokes an air of glamor and mystery and are sure to impress any leading lady!
2. Arrow Bangle
Arrows seem to be everywhere lately, and what better way to rock the trend then with this sparkler around your wrist? Made of rose gold and black crystal, it plays nice with everything in her closet, from that little black dress to those skinny black jeans!
Meow! When we spotted (pun very much intended!) this gorgeous printed leather wallet is from one of our favorite local businesses, 49 Square Miles, we were all smitten kittens.
Certainly we’ve all coveted the red soled fabulousness of Christian Louboutin heels, but a pair that won’t break the bank? Done! This digital print of an original ink illustration is frame-ready and just perfect for the shoe lover on your list.
That feisty society girl, Holly Golightly, sure knew a thing or two about throwing a festive soiree and her effortless style is sure to inspire fashion lovers and classic movie buffs alike.
Like the cherry in a Manhattan or the star atop the tree, perfectly polished nails are the ultimate finishing touch to your holiday ensemble. Nars is our pick for colorful tips and toes so make sure to grab a few extra for stocking stuffers!
Your ballet flats work hard the rest of the year, why not let them have a wild night out for the holidays by snapping on a pair of chiffon shoe clips! Even better, keep a pair in your purse for last minute party invites!
Ok, we’ll admit it, we love sparkles. Glitter, sequins, even tinsel makes us squeal with delight! This dazzling scarf has just the right amount of bling for the office and then can be retied as a belt or a headband for after-hours fetes. Pair it with the shoe clips to be party ready in a flash!
Paint the perfect pout and grab some mistletoe. This stunner by Yves Saint Laurent feels amazing and will last through hours of sips, snacks and kisses!
300+ pages chock-full of the most glamorous photographs ever to grace the cover of the iconic fashion magazine. Herb Ritts, Annie Leibovitz, Richard Avedon – all of fashion’s heavy-hitters are represented along with behind the scenes details and stories from the shoots. Sure to look great on the coffee table and guaranteed not to sit unopened for long!
So you may have seen these before. Whether in gift guides throughout the cyber web or stacked in your great uncles mudroom of his log cabin. They are popping up in styled shoots and still maintaining their humble practicality. These boots can do no wrong! Classic and cool, every person should own a pair.
A blanket like this is an investment. 100% wool and loomed in England, it’s basically an 18th century antique! We love the simple primary colors, and that you’ll want to hold on to this snuggle bunny forever.
Because we know you just can’t wait to jot down the name of that rare owl you spotted while hiking in the woods, or sketch an image of the strangest looking fungi you’ve ever seen, this notebook will last in all wet weather conditions. You’ll rest assured knowing your important notes are safe and dry inside this pocket pal. Perfect for stocking stuffers!
Another loyal weatherproof necessity! You never know when your campfire will be doused by a rainstorm, or you accidentally drop your backpack in the river and your only matches are soaked. These stormproof matches stay lit even after contact with water. You will be glad you brought them along!
Perhaps it’s not the ultimate outdoor accessory, but it’s definitely a treat for any outdoor enthusiast. Whether filled with spirits or hydrating fluids, a flask like this one makes a wonderful gift.
A classic tartan plaid hat makes even an inexperienced adventurer look like a pro. It’s no secret that we love all things plaid, and would give one to all the manly men in our lives!
How many times can we say waterproof? Well, here it is again. Waterproof binoculars. This small and lightweight pair of snazzy magnifiers is sure to please any trailblazer.
Marmot is a name you can trust. We were delighted to print the invitations for the grand opening of the San Francisco store earlier this year, and ever since we’ve been hooked! A puffer vest like this will keep your friends and family warm, without looking like a marshmallow. Save those for the campfire!
No adventurer can go without a reliable headlamp. Especially a waterproof, LED light, built-to-perform-under-extreme-weather-conditions headlamp. Its strap is detachable, so clip it to a hat or belt as a two-in-one gift for your lucky guy or girl! And did we say waterproof?
10. Cooking Iron
Campfire grilled cheese. Fire roasted burgers. This cast iron handheld appliance will bring your camping menu from dull to delectable. Forget the hot dog on a stick, ensure your campsite is equipped with the ultimate cooking tools!
1. iPhone Case
The ultimate phone accessory! An iPhone case can say a lot about a person, and this one speaks adorable.
You can never have enough bags. Bags for groceries, bags for traveling, bags for anything! This bag is great for the book lover because of its classic Penguin book cover. It’s just one of many Penguin classic cover accessories, so check them out here!
We couldn’t help but sneak in a genius gift of our own! This year Hello!Lucky released three brand new two-sided journals, and the Love It or Hate It journal is perfect for readers. Jot down your thoughts on all those books you’ve finished, or make a list of books to read in 2012!
Ever find that one pen that you just can’t write without? Well we have. Cross pens are the finest of all pens. They have a super sleek shape, are available in all colors and varieties, and above all, they come with a lifetime warranty. So that one pen you just can’t write without is guaranteed to stick by your side, forever! It’s the perfect gift for the doodler, the writer, or the note taker. You can even get them engraved!
5. Book Hook
This sculptural side table piece takes the bookmark to a whole new level. It’s a stylish resting place for your novels. It’s a sophisticated page protector. It preserves the book boundary, and looks good while doing it. It’s amazing!
Now your loved ones can keep their books even closer to their hearts. Handmade by an artist in the UK, these pendant necklaces (available in all colors!) are totally unique and make a lovely gift for the holidays.
Jane Mount hit a home run with her Ideal Bookshelf project. She’s been illustrating peoples ideal bookshelves for years, and gathered prints for sale along the way. There are prints of cookbooks, baby books, travel books, and pretty much any books you like. If you want to give an extra thoughtful gift this year – order a custom ideal bookshelf painting here. He or she will love you!
Talk about a tidy shelf! Not only are these bookends practical and attractive, they can be used for notes, to hold pens/utensils, and even be home to your mini plants! A multi-magical gift for any collection!
This classic detective novel will have readers channeling their inner Sam Spade in no time. We love this book because of it’s San Francisco backdrop, and are captivated by the thrill of the chase. It’s a great addition to any personal library!
If you’re anything like us, your books are marked with old receipts, candy wrappers, or even the dreaded “dog ear.” Well, it’s time to be kind to our paper entertainment, and treat our pages with respect! This mini elk bookmark would be perfect for a stocking stuffer, or even slipped inside a new bestseller and wrapped up nicely with a bow.
Icy blue is a hot color for spring. We’ve seen it on clothing, in print, and in tons of displays. We were super excited to see Anthropologie came out with an uber cute (and trendy) kitchen whisk! Its twisted prongs and silicone grips make whisking a breeze. We’d love to see it peeking out of our stockings!
Chalkboards are taking over! We love the fact that this slate cheese board can be washed and reused for labeling cheeses, desserts, or any of your favorite hor d’oeuvres. The kitchen can’t do without it!
It’s hard to ignore these adorable cheese markers. Each one is backed with a glazed pattern that takes adorable one step farther. And the best part? The artist is a San Francisco neighbor! Fresh cheese is always stocked in our fridge and making appearances at Hello!Lucky gatherings, so we’ll definitely be wishing for a set of these this year.
Need we say more? Perhaps the KitchenAid stand mixer is the ultimate gift for anyone who uses a kitchen, but in satin copper? Yes please!
Fortunately for us, a Bluebottle Coffee shop resides only one short block away from the Hello!Lucky SF office, and we can’t count how many New Orleans Style iced coffees were consumed by our staff this summer. A perfect gift to give any caffeine lover is a subscription to Bluebottle’s blends! There are various options at various prices, so sign up your friends/family now!
Simply stated, it’s pure and good. Having pretty soap in the kitchen not only makes the space look cleaner (our secret trick!) but this product is totally reliable. Anthropologie strikes again with the icy blue accents, and why not protect the fragile hands of our loved ones and cooks? That’s why we’d love to find this bottle wrapped up under our tree!
It’s a nice touch to have an organized (and attractive) collection of herbs and spices. Herbes de Provence (the French mix of choice), adds provincial flavor to any dish. We sprinkle this sophisticated blend of savory, fennel, basil, thyme and lavender on almost everything. To have our favorite herbs stored in a perfect little pot is just the right touch!
This set of three pressed glass mixing bowls would love a home in any kitchen. They’re durable, stackable, and downright adorable! Either in jadeite or milk white, you can’t do without ‘em.
His/her croissants or morning buns may not turn out as scrumptious as the real thing, or maybe they will, but it’s no shock that we all swear by this cookbook. Tartine, San Francisco’s treasured cafe and bakery, earned it’s constant line of hungry folks out the door. Yes, we are drooling while thinking about it! Better prepare your ovens, because baking just launched to another level!
A few of us had the pleasure of meeting Alice Waters, founder of Chez Panisse, earlier this year. We were shaken with inspiration and delight as she greeted us with the warmth and kindness of a real friend. This cookbook not only reflects the qualities of the historically successful restaurant, but it brings the goodness home. Yes, we still may never get a reservation, but who said we can’t pretend the kitchen is the real place?!