Posts Tagged ‘hello!lucky’
We pledged for The Weekend Press’s Oakland Illustration Project on Kickstarter and received this awesome kit! A pocket notebook, letterpress coasters, one postcard, and 10 original prints! We are extra excited and a wee bit sentimental over this project because these prints were created with our very own Original Heidelberg Press that we sold to them when we closed up shop in SF. Not only that, but one of our lovely designers Anna Hurley moved on to collaborate with them! We are incredibly supportive of this project not only because of our connection, but because it’s a community project that uses a traditional form of craftsmanship, letterpress- our one true love. Learn more about the project here!
Read below for instructions on how to enter to win two Couples tee’s, a Hello!lucky card, & free app stickers!
Valentines Day is one of our all time favorite Holidays because it instigates positive language & reassurance. What we love most about the app Couple is that it allows you to do this on a daily basis. Whether you’re in a long distance relationship, have conflicting schedules, or just enjoy having a common place to connect, this app makes sharing sweet nothing’s a piece of cake. It’s the ultimate share app with Couple, creating archived moments including videos, voice messages, photos with filters, and drawings. It offers facetime, shared to-do lists, an interactive calendar, and even the option to share locations. It’s all the apps you use with your honey rolled into one. Learn more about them here!
We thought we would couple up with them this Valentines Day to offer their loyal customers a tangible way to say I love you, and share their approach with our fans! Contest guidelines below!
Enter to win a Hello!lucky Valentine, two Couple tee’s, and a few Couple stickers to use on their FREE app by commenting on your favorite Hello!lucky card featured on their blog here. Then be sure to “like” Hello!lucky & Couple on facebook between February 3rd- 8th. The 5 winners will then be chosen at random.
It’s easy to enter, just comment on the post found here stating your favorite featured card, and like Hello!lucky and Couple on Facebook.
*Additional contest information here.
We wanted to create a simple & fun (and gender neutral) Valentines Day card the kids would be excited about! Using few materials, our free printables, and following the steps below, you can create an I lava You Pop-up Card of your own! Mess around with different color card stock & glitter to make it unique! Happy crafting!
- 8.5 x 11 sheet of blue or green card stock
- 8.5 x 11 sheet brown card stock
- 8.5 x 11 sheet white card stock
- Scissors, or a craft knife, ruler and cutting mat
- Liquid glue & brush
- Bone folder (optional)
- Pink and orange glitter (optional)
Note: you only need one volcano, & one cloud per card. We included multiples in case you would like to make more than one, in which case you will need to print additional background templates
2. Cut out and fold the blue cardstock: cut off 1/2 inch along the solid grey line; cut out the circle and around the palm trees. Fold along the light grey lines (use a bone folder if desired) to form a diamond shape with a glue tab. Glue & add glitter to the asteroid (we used orange).
3. Cut out the volcano, crossbar, and the cloud. Fold the glue tabs as indicated by the light grey lines and cut small slits in the volcano and cross bar along the solid black lines. Glue & add glitter to the top of the volcano to represent lava (we used pink).
4. Glue the cloud to the back of volcano.
5. Slot the cross tab into the volcano and glue the tabs to the background.
6. Glue the volcanos tabs matching the letters as shown in the diagram.
Note: line cut out card with diagram from original print-out.
7. Glue the tab of the background template to complete the diamond shape.
8. Flatten & press down firmly until glue dries.
And there you have it!
Looking for more DIY projects and free downloads? Head over to our site here.
Check out our new Valentines Day collection in the shop! We are strong believers in the art of hand-written notes, and Valentines Day is the perfect opportunity! So don’t forget to tell those special people in your life how much they mean to you this Valentines Day! We are offering 20% off our entire love & friendship collection until Monday the 20th with code SWEETNOTHINGS. We will also be doing a Valentines Day DIY next week so you can make your own! Check back with the blog soon! Which card below is your favorite?
ENTER TO WIN TWO PACKS OF LETTERPRESS THANK YOU CARDS BY JANUARY 16th!!!
There’s plenty of research showing that gratitude promotes happiness — expressing thanks helps you hone in on what’s positive in your life, and everyone loves to be thanked and appreciated! So this year we are promising to say thanks!
Here are perfect occasions for writing a thank you note:
- A gift
- A dinner or date
- A handwritten card
- A great conversation
- A thoughtful action, like helping you with a project or chore
- A long-term friendship or partnership
You can write thank you notes to family, friends, work associates, teachers, or those who provide a helpful hand day by day like your mail man or garbage collector.
Great thank you notes are brief and heartfelt. Here are some samples:
Thank you for the wonderful birthday card. I am so grateful that you thought of me.
Thank you for your the great conversation we had yesterday. I appreciate your support, and I am so glad we’re friends!
Here are some tactics we’ll be trying out in 2014:
- Keep a stash of thank you notes, stamps, and a pen by your bedside. Write a note at the end of the day. (Think of it as a twist on writing “gratitude journal,” which some researchers advocate — one that has a positive impact on other people’s lives as well as your own)
- Write thank you notes right away — the feelings will be more authentic and meaningful.
What are some of the ways you like to say thank you? Post a comment and we’ll pick a winner next Thursday the 16th to receive your very own stash of 12 letterpress thank you cards (featured above)!
The raffle winner gets THREE 6 card boxed sets of Hello!Lucky holiday cards and one new Ella Lou Wanderlust organic City Playmat featuring San Francisco!
It begins today, Saturday December 7th at 11am PST. Winner is then announced December 12th (only open to US residents).
Come visit us at the SF Bazaar today if you’re around! There will be other opportunities to win Hello!Lucky cards!
Follow the guide below to enter to win!